Hi everyone! Welcome back to the blog! Who let me turn 18 today? I guess time truly does fly when you’re having fun! Earlier this month I celebrated my birthday with my gals pals with pancakes and pajamas! It was so much fun to eat yummy food and hangout before we all parted ways for summer! Now that I’m in Maine, I’ve planned the whole day from my morning run, to shopping, USWNT soccer game watching, swimming, all the way to a nice steak dinner! I’m just so thankful to be celebrating with my family today in Maine at my happy place! We’ve celebrated my birthday here for as long as I can remember and it’s definitely my favorite tradition! I love learning more about my favorite bloggers so I thought today’s post would be fun to share some things you probably didn’t know about me! Let’s get started!
- If I could save anything in a house fire, it would be our Christmas ornaments: Christmas is a biggg deal in our house and we definitely go all out. To give you some perspective, we have 9 Christmas trees and easily 800 ornaments!
- My new breakfast order at Chick-fil-a is the hash brown scramble burrito: I was hesitant to stray away from my usual minis order and try something new but I’m so glad that I did! Next time you make it to Chick before 10:30 am, give it a try!
- We think I’m allergic to life jackets: Technically latex but that doesn’t sound half as cool. I break out when I wear certain life jackets so we think this is the reason!
- The best post run snack is two fried eggs and an avocado with everything but the bagel seasoning: the seasoning is key! If you haven’t gotten your hands on this yet from Trader Joes, what are you waiting for?? This stuff is the best ever!
- I broke my arm on the monkey bars in the first grade trying to impress a boy: who starts on the first monkey bar anyway? My bright idea was to start on the sixth and we know how that ended up!
- I eat a banana and chocolate chip cliff bar routinely for breakfast every morning: greenish bananas are the best bananas and you can’t change my mind on that! This has been my go-to breakfast for the past few years and I eat it every morning in first period!
- My favorite place in the entire world is my grandparents lake house in Maine: the best memories are made here! Nothing beats days on the water swimming, kayaking, and paddle boarding with my cousins!
- I prefer pancakes over waffles: chocolate chip pancakes are superior to the rest!
- I love volunteering with people who have special needs: whether it’s at the local baseball league or dances I thrive when I’m hanging out with these peeps!
- The only B I ever received was in Latin 3: still mad at this B but Latin is just HARD, remind me why I didn’t take Spanish again? Proud about the other A’s though, haha
- My cars name is Paula: Paula the Chevy Impala, I’m CLEVER
- The Fourth of July is my favorite holiday followed by Christmas: maybe it’s because I spend it at my favorite place and my birthday is two days before?
- I’ve run countless races throughout my life yet every time I step on the starting line I still get so nervous: I guess it’s because I just care a whole lot but it’s annoying haha
- My go-to nail polish color is pink and in result, I’ve collected over ten different shades over the years: in need of a pink nail polish? I’ve got you covered
- I ran my first half marathon last year and I’m signed up to run another this fall: the most empowering, girl boss thing I’ve ever done was run that half marathon last fall! It was the best runners high I’d ever been on and one of the proudest I’ve ever been of myself!
- My favorite Bible verse is Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me: This verse is so empowering to me and can help me to dig deeper when I don’t think I can anymore – try repeating it to yourself next time you’re doing something hard
- I’m super tall, on a good day 5’10: Instagram photos are hard to tell height but yes, I’m tall and I love it haha. I shook the priest’s hand at the church here in Maine last Sunday and he was like “wow you’re tall”, granted I was wearing my platform espadrilles that give me an inch or two
- Last fall I flew to Disney with my best friends to race at ESPN World Wide Sports and we swiped all but one race with trophies: this trip was the coolest experience ever and I was slightly freaking out with excitement the entire time
That’s a wrap on 18 things you probably didn’t know about me! I hope you enjoyed reading today’s post and learned a few new things about me!
Love from Maine*,